Monday, December 14, 2009

Hole on to your love

You know how they have iron-free clothes? Well, they should also invent rip-free clothes. At least once a month, I rip a hole in something and have to get it repaired. And it's not ripped in a sexy, stylish way. It's ripped in an annoying, what-the-hell, how did I do that way.

The other day I went to get something laminated. It was my facetious and humorous take on "'Twas The Night Before Christmas" all about my boss and her partner, which I put along with a wreath on her door for when she was to return from vacation. Nice of me, I know. But when I went to take the poem to the copy store and asked how much it would be to laminate it, the woman immediately said, "It's cheaper to do more." I waited and said nothing as she looked for the binder with the pricing. She then had to call her co-worker out, who produced the binder with the pricing, and she repeated, "Yeah, it's cheaper if you do it in bulk."

And I just wanted to slap the bitch as hard as possible across the face, you know? Groceries, I understand. Household amenities, perfectly reasonable. But a two-for-one special on laminating is not something I'm interested in, and a fucking retarded thing to try and up-sell when I've clearly only got one piece of paper in my hand, and would gain no ostensible benefit from going all the way back to work/home, ferreting out other documents, and bringing them back to be laminated. The $4.83 wasn't going to break my bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment