Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pills 'n' bill, booze 'n' snooze

You know it's going to be a rough day when you wake up and the first thing you look forward to is taking a nap at lunchtime.

Do the extras in sitcoms who have to, like sit and talk in restaurants and cafes in the background, actually have scripts that they're reciting, or are they just having a silent, completely improvised conversation?

On now to a list of some of my favorite characters found on the Muni bus in the mornings:
Laotia: Laotia is a slim, non-descript woman who, I think, looks like she hails from Laos. I have no proof of this, nor know specifically what Laotians looks like. I just assume. When I see her waiting at the bus stop in the morning, I know I'll be relatively on time to work.

The Dutch Tranny: The Dutch Tranny is a male-to-female transexual who just, well, looks like she's of Dutch origin to me. She dresses very hippie librarian-ish, and could really use some moisturizer. I can't tell you why, but when I see her, I feel like she looks like Hansel and Gretel's babysitter.

Senorita Mujer: Senorita Mujer is a little Latina woman, probably somewhere in her late 20s, early 30s, who dresses to the 9's (or to the nueves), with her hair in a Spanish senorita de la villa style, and full make-up, and always carries a faded designer bag with her lunch in it. She's probably only a housekeeper, but I love the effort she puts into her look.

Monchichi Man: Remember the Monchichis? Those little animated monkey-like critters with the shirts that would say what their particular emotion was at the moment? There's this little retarded man who bears a striking resemblance to them. In fact, I think he works at my company. There's something kind of endearing and sad about seeing him board the bus with his little metallic lunchbox and bad clothes, on his way to work.

G'night, Jeanette Macdonald.

No comments:

Post a Comment